Two Oracle databases, one entry in the dsm.sys file

c.j.hund

ADSM.ORG Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Hi All,

I guess I've never set up Oracle TDP this way before, but I have a requirement to set up two Oracle databases to back up to the same node in the dsm.sys file. So, with a single dsm.sys entry for two databases, what's the best way to set this up?

I created to tdpo.opt files, one for each database. I haven't tested this yet, but I'm assuming if the DBA's point to the right .opt file this will work just fine. I'm wondering if anyone else has found a different way to do this?

Sincere thanks,
C.J.

Hi All,

I guess I've never set up Oracle TDP this way before, but I have a requirement to set up two Oracle databases to back up to the same node in the dsm.sys file. So, with a single dsm.sys entry for two databases, what's the best way to set this up?

I created to tdpo.opt files, one for each database. I haven't tested this yet, but I'm assuming if the DBA's point to the right .opt file this will work just fine. I'm wondering if anyone else has found a different way to do this?

Sincere thanks,
C.J.

This is how I do this:

1. One entry in the dsm.sys thus one tdpo,opt file
2. The RMAN scripts calls the database by NAME for backup

I have setups running 9 databases using only one dsm.sys and tdpo.opt file.

This is how I do this:

1. One entry in the dsm.sys thus one tdpo,opt file
2. The RMAN scripts calls the database by NAME for backup

I have setups running 9 databases using only one dsm.sys and tdpo.opt file.

Okay, I didn't try that. You can define multiple databases in a single tdpo.opt file?

C.J.

Back