TSMManager Vaulting - No tapes to be returned

yearzero

Active Newcomer
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm completely new with TSM and since last week i had a big problem with our vaulting.
We are running TSMManager 4.6 and created a vaulting, which checks out every Friday the volumes. The checkin we do manually, the rest is scheduled.

Since last week, the vaulting doesnt show me any volumes to be returned.

I have no idea, which informations you need, pls tell me and I will give you.
Thx for all and best regards.

yearzero

I don't remember if TSMManager uses the DRM process, but if so a Q DRM SO=(DBB or DBS) WHERESTATUS=VAULTR should show the tapes that should be coming back onsite. There will most definitely be days no tapes return depending on your reclamation frequency.

Thx for reply

I see 2 tapes with the status of vaultretrieve. But when i look in the TSMManager - Vaulting handling, there arent any tapes to checkin.
moz-screenshot.png
0405.jpg

TSM wont let them check in until they are changed to Onsiteretrieve.

MOVE DRMedia * SOurce=DBB WHERESTATE=VAULTRetrieve TOSTATE=ONSITERETrieve

Then you can check them in.

now the volumes disappeared ^^
i cant see them in the tsmmanager vaulting or as status of onsiteretrieve

move DRMedia * SOurce=DBB WHERESTATE=VAULTRetrieve TOSTATE=ONSITERE
Trieve
ANR0609I MOVE DRMEDIA started as process 38.
ANS8003I Process number 38 started.

Right because they are not "scratchable". If they are in the library you can just run the

CHECKIN LIBVOL <LIB_NAME> SEARCH=YES STATUS=SCRATCH CHECKLABEL=BARCODE

If they are not already in the library then you put them in the CAP and run the same command with SEARCH=BULK instead. Then you run

Q REQUEST

and reply to the request.

Thx for the answer

Now they are all checked in correctly!!!
Is this correct, that TSMManager Vaulting is no the same as DRM is?

Cheers

Hello,

yes it's not the same. But in my opinion it's the better implementation (much more easier to set up). I'm currently using TSMManager 5.0 and had never any problems with TSMManager vaulting. The application is able to send you emails for checkout and checkin reports. Good thing for the courier from/to vault location.

Sebastian

Back