[SOLVED] TSM v6.3 Install fails on Linux

davef

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I'm trying to install TSM v6.3 on a Redhat Linux server. I su to root and execute the ./install.bin -i console and receive a message that says I need to be root. Has anyone seen something like this?

This is the message:

Preparing CONSOLE Mode Installation...

The installation wizard cannot run on your configuration. Verify the following:

Windows:
- The current user ID is part of the Administrators group

AIX, HP-UX, Linux, Solaris:
- The current user ID is root

Hey daruma13,
I tried the same command on the actual server console as root with the same results.

Thanks

I mean not console and SU, but root shell terminal, I've had the same issue installing on CentOS and using root shell terminal solved it.

hi davef,

i am gonna install TSM V6.3 on Linux.Could you share your documents on the installation part? Where can i get the TSM Dump to install as a learning purpose?

I booted the server into single user mode and the problem was resolved.

Thanks for your help

I have installed a lot of TSM 6.3 Servers in RHEL and SUSE but I don't have to do it this way. I just PuTTY into the system execute 'sudo su -' and start the install. Somehow your system is not setup properly, or you are not getting the root environment variables. Are you executing 'su' or 'su -'?

Fix this issue since the next time you update your TSM server, you will end up doing the same. There is no need to reboot in single mode.

Back