TSM systemstate backup windows 2008 R2 (64-bit) - failed

LOKI

Newcomer
Reaction score
Hello,
we have TSM client 6.2.2.0 on Windows 2008 R2 in IBM BladeCenter but
I,m not able to do systemstate backup!
disk partitions - (200MB (EFI) + 68GB c: (system))
(we have 6 same OS with same error)

please tell me where is "problem" ....

dsmerror.log

01/10/2011 00:41:16 ANS5250E An unexpected error was encountered.
TSM function name : objEnumAuditFileSub
TSM function : GetBestVolumeMatch() for file 'GLOBALROOT\Device\HarddiskVolume1\EFI\Microsoft\Boot\*
' failed.
TSM return code : 105
TSM file : objenum.cpp (1383)
TSM function name : BaHandleSystemPostSnapshotCmd
TSM function : objEnumAuditFileSub() failed
TSM file : backsnap.cpp (3181)
TSM function name : baHandleSnapshot
TSM function : BaHandleSystemPostSnapshotCmd() failed.
TSM file : backsnap.cpp (4076)
01/10/2011 00:41:16 ANS1327W The snapshot operation for '\\?\GLOBALROOT\Device\HarddiskVolumeShadowCopy30\' failed with error code: 105.
01/10/2011 00:41:17 ANS1228E Sending of object 'xxxx\SystemState\NULL\System State\SystemState' failed
01/10/2011 00:41:17 ANS4006E Error processing 'xxxx\SystemState\NULL\System State\SystemState': directory path not found
01/10/2011 00:41:23 ANS1512E Scheduled event 'CS.W_xxxx_B' failed. Return code = 12.

Hi,

2 possible things are

1. Check the VSS writers are stable at the time of backup.
2. Exclude '\\?\GLOBALROOT\Device\HarddiskVolumeShadowCopy30\ ' and perform the systemstate backup

Hi,

I have the same problem with B/A Client 6.2.2 on a Server 2008 R2.
An IBM support technican told me, that this is a known issue on EFI-based servers.

Should be fixed soon. Hopefully it's true. ;)

Hi,

I haven an open case with them. They are working on a fix.
Systemstate backups on servers with EFI are working with 6.2.1.3 this "bug" was introduced in 6.2.2.

Hi,
downgrade to 6.2.1.3 is OK...
Thanks very much.

Hi,

got an update from support. An APAR will be opened and development is working on a fix

Hi,

I got the same problem. Do you have the APAR number on this case?

Hi,

just got the number, APAR IC74293

Local fix is to add TESTFLAG SKIPVSSASR in dsm.opt

problem is in the windows registry.. U need to change the path for system state logs in registry and this issue will be resolved.

If u r still facing same issue let me know I will provide u the complete details for going ahead and resolving it..

For example, when this happens the registry key below will contain a value of Config\MOMLog.evt:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Eventlog\Operations Manager\File

Since the value does not contains the full path to the actual event log file it can cause backup programs (such as Tivoli Storage Manager agent) to fail when backing up the event log.

So please modify the file with the complete path...usually the complete path is c:\windows\system32\Config\MOMLog.evt
and then try taking complete manual system sate backup.. it shud work

But in win 2008 u need to search the complete path coz i m not sure the complete path in Windows 2008

Before making any modification to registry be aware and first export it(export makes a copy of that registery on the system.. incase of failure windows admin can help u)

This worked for me..
PLz let me know if this works for u.???.It does not even require a reboot.

If still u r not clear plz mail me at [email protected]

ok... you are talking this error
Got this issue a while ago.. This was cause if you install Microsoft SCOM agent after the TSM BA client are installed... You can have this issue on a windows 2k3 server.

The error that we talk is VSS related!

Back