tsm svr 6.3.3 on windows startup issue in foreground

shadab

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Dear all, iam facing a strange issue on my tsm 6.3.3 server on windows with ibm ts3310 attached library.
from last 02 days iam facing problem in my library. IBM engineer is taking care of it and because of some fiber issue on my windows server. the engineer got action plan to update the firmare by tomorrow.

my issue is today after rebooting the windows server. my tsm server not starting. m trying to start in foreground and its stuck on the below mentioned point. can anyone help me in this.

ANR0900I Processing options file D:\TSMINST1\dsmserv.opt.
ANR0901W Invalid COMMMETHOD statement found in file D:\TSMINST1\dsmserv.opt.
ANR0906I Line No. : 27
ANR0907I Statement : COMMmethod HTTP
ANR0908W Error : ...........|...
ANR0902W Unsupported keyword found in file D:\TSMINST1\dsmserv.opt.
ANR0906I Line No. : 28
ANR0907I Statement : HTTPPort 1580
ANR0908W Error : |.............
ANR0902W Unsupported keyword found in file D:\TSMINST1\dsmserv.opt.
ANR0906I Line No. : 621
ANR0907I Statement : STAtusmsgcnt 1
ANR0908W Error : |..............
ANR4726I The ICC support module has been loaded.
ANR0990I Server restart-recovery in progress.
ANR1380I The buffer pool monitor switch is enabled.
ANR1628I The database manager is using port 51500 for server connections.
ANR1635I The server machine GUID, e4.75.dd.80.95.78.11.e2.b7.79.6c.ae.8b.27.7a.c2, has initialized.
ANR2100I Activity log process has started.
ANR4726I The NAS-NDMP support module has been loaded.
ANR7808W Sun Microsystems Library Attach module libacs.dll is not available from the system.

please be informed that currently iam facing issue with my library.
your comments and reply should be most welcome.

regards,
shadab.

The mentioned "module libacs.dll" - is this loaded in TSM? Do you have another library - looks like it is looking for one, and is from SUN - aside from the TS3310?

ANR7808W Sun Microsystems Library Attach module libacs.dll is not available from the system.
That's just a warning, the server should continue to start after that.

How long have you waited after seeing that message? If only a couple of minutes, I'd wait longer. Sometimes, it may appear hung, but it's actually doing background work. Check to see if the CPU utilization of db2sysc.exe fluctuates or not. If it's moving, it's an indication it may be doing some work.

thanks for reply marclant.
i was waiting for more than one hour and nothing changed. after that i shutdown my library(IBM TS3310) and then shutdown my tms server and wait for few minutes. after that i start my library and let it initialize and once its online i start my tsm server in background. its start working.
secondly i dont have any other library in my environment.

AGAIN thanks for your reply.
one more question: during startup in foreground if tsm giving any issue, at which location tsm writing logs ??? where can i check that ??? (for Windows / AIX).

Master moon-buddy, thanks for your reply too.

one more question: during startup in foreground if tsm giving any issue, at which location tsm writing logs ??? where can i check that ??? (for Windows / AIX).
On AIX, it's in dsmserv.err in the instance directory. You may also find info in the errpt on AIX if a crash is involved

On Windows, it's also in the instance directory, but in dsmsvc.err when the TSM Server is started as a service and in dsmserv.err when started in the foreground. Basically it's the name of the executable used with the .err prefix. Errors are also logged in the Event Viewer on Windows.

thanks alots for your reply Marclant. Good day ahead.

Back