TSM Status Monitor - Another reporting tool for TSM

pallsigurdsson

Active Newcomer
Reaction score
Hi all,

I would love to have some feedback on a pet project of mine, TSM Status Monitor (TSM). It shows long-term trends for daily backups, speed, storage pool usage, etc. And of course backup completion status and storage abusers.

I would love your opinion and comments. Thanks in advance :)

Site: www.minor.is
Live demo: www.minor.is/live_test

for our opinions, we need some demo download, we need more informations about!

Hi Pallsigurdsson,

It looks cool. Can we have a trail version to play around?

Aroon

Thank you for the feedback

Hello all,

Thank you for the feedback. Just a few comments:

Yes, this project was originally codenamed statmon but was renamed due to naming conflict with other products.

The live demo ( http://www.minor.is/live_test ) should be enough to demonstrate all the features, but if there is a lot of interest i might be convinced to build a downloadable demo package.

What i am currently most interrested in is feedback on the current product. Are there any 'killer features' missing?

Kind regards,
Pall Sigurdsson

any news about this? Maybe a package or if this will be a paid project?

ETA for delivery

This product looks great. Where can we download it--or buy it?

Thanks!

Hi pallsigurdsson, this product looks awesome, if it is ok, I would like to try a demo of your software.

Error
Hi,

I got the following erros:

The following PHP extensions are missing:

sockets
Please install those PHP extensions and retry the installation process.

The thing is I can't recomplie PHP, any other way to get around it?
It's on AIX 5.3, I check the mysql table and it's fine.

Hi Adamik,

Are you getting that error while trying to install TSM Status Monitor? I find that odd since it is not written in PHP and therefor does not use any PHP extensions.

tried to install on a debian lamp....no way to get it to work. some important config steps are not in the readme (pythonhandler, htaccess and so on...)

anybody have a working template of this tool?

chris

I've just spent 2 hours hacking a Virtual Image together (Ubuntu 9.10) to get this to work. I've collected data from my servers once, but I'm can't seem to access the webGUI now. I'd like to get it to work since python +rrdtools does look like a winning combination.

Back