TSM Srv 8.1.1 startup gets ANR0162W Security processing failed

Nicke

ADSM.ORG Senior Member
Reaction score
Hi there !

I've re-installed TSM Server from 8.1.2 to 8.1.1 but now I can't start dsmserv due to this error.

Has anyone seen this and know the possible cause?

ANR7800I DSMSERV generated at 14:15:26 on Mar 17 2017.

IBM Spectrum Protect for Linux/x86_64
Version 8, Release 1, Level 1.000

Licensed Materials - Property of IBM

(C) Copyright IBM Corporation 1990, 2016.
All rights reserved.
U.S. Government Users Restricted Rights - Use, duplication or disclosure
restricted by GSA ADP Schedule Contract with IBM Corporation.

ANR7801I Subsystem process ID is 12743.
ANR0900I Processing options file /tsminst1/dsmserv.opt.
ANR0010W Unable to open message catalog for language en_US.UTF-8. The default language message catalog
will be used.
ANR7814I Using instance directory /tsminst1.
ANR4726I The ICC support module has been loaded.
ANR0990I Server restart-recovery in progress.
ANR0152I Database manager successfully started.
ANR0162W Supplemental database diagnostic information: -1:08001:-30082 ([IBM][CLI Driver] SQL30082N
Security processing failed with reason "24" ("USERNAME AND/OR PASSWORD INVALID"). SQLSTATE=08001
).

Regards, Nicke Berglund

Did you backup the database before upgrading to 8.1.2 and did you restore that backup after reverting to 8.1.1? If not, you "may" need to do that, or go back to 8.1.2, whichever one is less painful.

Edit to add:

You need to restore:
https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSEQVQ_8.1.2/srv.install/t_srv_inst_revert-linux.html

Linux: Reverting from Version 8.1.2 to a previous server
If you must revert to the previous version of the server after an upgrade, you must have a full database backup from your original version. You must also have the server installation media for your original version and key configuration files. Carefully follow the preparation steps before you upgrade the server. By doing so, it might be possible to revert to the previous version of the IBM Spectrum Protect™ server with minimal loss of data.

Hi marclant

Thanks for your answer.

To clarify this I did NOT use the REVERT funktion because this was a new TSM server "PoC test"installation first with v. 8.1.2.
I do have TSM DB backup volumes saved, but I now want to do a new cleard 8.1.1 installation but it's maybe due to some old 8.1.2 files remaining ?

Both the TSM DB2 "TSMDB1" and the "TSMINST1" instance was remowed before the new 8.1.1 installation (not a revert or instance upgrade).

Kind Regards,
Nicke

Did you create a new instance with 8.1.1?
Did you create a new dsmserv.opt? If not, you should have, there are new security options in 8.1.2 that could cause you problems.

Thanks for your help "marclant"!

As it turned out the problem was an extra devconf and volhist file saved in/tsm/stg/dbb/DR/ and those options where in dsmserv.opt.

//Nicke

Back