TSM Schedule Backup Missed / Failed

mohsin786

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Hi Team,

I have one Node like ABC and i have scheduled 2 different backups.
first backup i have schedule is at 8.00 p.m for oracle database and second at 9.00 p.m for file system but when i restart the tsm schedule service & go to dsmsched.log file i can find only 1 schedule which will start at 8.00 p.m.

can any body tell me why my second schedule backup failed / missed.

Hi ED,

Two schedular means 2 Scheduled services or 2 different Schedule?

I have created 2 Different Schedule and 1 schedule service is running for same Node.

Mohsin

You need to specify on both schedule what need to backup. Next option you have that created another dsm.opt file with different node name like ABC-System. Define new node and schedule service . You need to specify the include exclude for that node. I do it all the time without any issue.

Hi Team,

Thanks for reply.

I don't want to create another node. is there any other option to take backup with single schedular services for 2 different schedule backup.

Regards,
Mohsin.R

Hi Team,

Thanks for reply.

I don't want to create another node. is there any other option to take backup with single schedular services for 2 different schedule backup.

Regards,
Mohsin.R

No - one is TDP, the other is BA. You need two nodes, and two schedule services on the node

TSM Schedule Backup Failed for 2 Schedule

Hi Team,

I am using only BA Client and as per my previous mail both the backup are of "file system" like:

Schedule 1) /app/oracle/oracledatau01, /app/oracle/oracledatau02, etc. runs at 8:00 p.m

Schedule 2) /usr/, /opt/tivoli, etc. runs at 11:00 p.m

So when i schedule above backup and restart the schedular service i can see only 1 schedule entry in dsmsched.log i.e "Schedule 1) /app/oracle/oracledatau01, /app/oracle/oracledatau02, etc. runs at 8:00 p.m"

so Why 2nd schedule is missing in dsmsched.log?

Regards,
Mohsin

Hi Team,

I am using only BA Client and as per my previous mail both the backup are of "file system" like:

Schedule 1) /app/oracle/oracledatau01, /app/oracle/oracledatau02, etc. runs at 8:00 p.m

Schedule 2) /usr/, /opt/tivoli, etc. runs at 11:00 p.m

So when i schedule above backup and restart the schedular service i can see only 1 schedule entry in dsmsched.log i.e "Schedule 1) /app/oracle/oracledatau01, /app/oracle/oracledatau02, etc. runs at 8:00 p.m"

so Why 2nd schedule is missing in dsmsched.log?

Regards,
Mohsin
--------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Mohsin,

Define two client schedule in TSM server.

Schedule 1) - put whatever objects to be backedup and schedule start time like aforemention - 8 PM

Schedule 2) - /usr/, /opt/tivoli, start time 11 PM.

There will be only one TSM scheduler service running on your client end.

Now restart TSM scheduler at client side, and let me know if your dsmsched.log is getting updated or not.

TSM Schedule Backup Failed for 2 Schedule

Hi,

Earlier i have done the same thing but unfortunalty i can see only 1 entry of Schedule 1 (or which ever is earlier schedued) in dsmsched.log

Regards,
Mohsin

Hi,

Earlier i have done the same thing but unfortunalty i can see only 1 entry of Schedule 1 (or which ever is earlier schedued) in dsmsched.log

Regards,
Mohsin
-------------------------------

is it showing you associated with two client schedule?
what is the output for dsmc q sched

Hi,

While creating new schedule i have already associated it with same node & when i give q sche command it display all the schedule which i have created.

Any idea why TSM don't Recognizide 2nd schedule backup.

It is perfectly possible to use one scheduler service for two schedules (we do, for SQL and Exchange), but it'll only show the first scheduled event. If that schedule completes before the second one starts, both will run. Yes, a schedule can complete before the associated backup completes.

Hi All,

Thanks to all..
Now my problem is resolved.

It works when 1st schedule completes before the second one starts.

Regards,
Mohsin

If I am not mistakin it will only show the next schedule. If I was you I would set it to polling every 2 hours. This will connect to the TSM server and ask for next schedule and after the 1st one is done it will showup in 2 hours for the next backup.

But a side note: Use TDP for Oracle as this uses the API/RMAN and use BA for the operating system side.

Back