TSM/RMAN No Catalog Sync

faisal.ok

Active Newcomer
Reaction score
Dear All,

I'm looking to synchronize "No Catalog" RMAN Oracle database backup with TSM. With TDPOSYNC command it asks for Catalog number. I have a TDPO node with occupancy in TB's but DBA says their backup is not that huge. Please let me know the steps on how can I go about the synchronization in No catalog scenario.

Thanks!
Faisal

Thanks.

Does it mean that In "No Catalog", expiring and deleting obsolete backups from RMAN should take care of the issue here. The DBA has been deleting and expiring the old backups but still it is not in sync with TSM. I need to check with DBA on the deleting the obsolete backups. How were you able to resolve the issue in your case?

Regards
Faisal

NO.

If its not managed through rman db it simply means you are out of synch and data is not expiring!! :(

Sadly am still getting the management convinced!!

Thanks.

I found this link http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21419259 , which describes manual procedure to delete old backups from TSM. If the retention is considerably longer, then TSM will still be out of sync for that duration. Also, if there are different schedules and retentions for Archive and Full backups then how can we achieve this. I'm still looking if we can do something effective to sync TSM and RMAN here.

Regards
Faisal

Back