TSM Reporting on % of Data Growth

bbricker

Active Newcomer
Reaction score
Has anyone had any success in setting up a TSM Report on file growth per server over x number of days?

I am pretty new to TSM and am looking to get some reports out on data growth per server.

I have searched high and low but there is just too many posts to sift through.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Byron

I think what you want requires some kind of monitoring software; TSM Reporting just won't fit the bill.

But please specify if you want to monitor a TSM Server or a TSM Client (node), if you want to look at stgpool utilisation, database utilisation, node filespace occupancy, node filespace utilisation or something else. "data" can mean many things.

You could set up a number of scripts to collate the data from day one say Monday and get it to compare the data on day 7 - sunday and go from there. There's a lot that can be done with TSM to monitor for the growth but as JohanW states you'll need to tell us what data it is you want to monitor for growth.

What I've wanted to do for some times now, but lack the time to do so, Is to run a cronjob (Linux) that pull the DB/LOG/Data size info from TSM, store this in MySql, then spit out statistics based on that.

Should be simple enough given an hour or two and some basic BASH/SQL skills.

If anybody already coded that, I'd be more than happy to look at your code ;)

A lots of software are starting to do this.. but a majorities you have to pay for it. just ot name a few. Servergraph, Data Protection Expert, Aptare... You have free one that are starting be promising like TSM Monitor a PHP project.

Back