TSM Password prompt on FastBack for WS client

jayp2200

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
I have to believe someone has come across this before...

I am looking into migrating our current FastBack for Workstations v6.1.2.x clients from our FastBack server over to a TSM 6.2 server running on a Windows Server 2008 R2 VM. The FastBack for Workstations clients are currently running on both Windows XP and Windows 7 PC's. I believe I have everything configured as it should be, so now I'm working on automating the migration so that our end users have to do as little as possible. The problem I am coming across is the initial password prompt that the FastBack client pops up in order to connect to the TSM server for the first time. In the dsm.opt file on my test client, I have specified the PASSWORDACCESS GENERATE entry. Once I type in the password in manually, it connects to the TSM server and then stores an encrypted version of the password in the HKLM\SOFTWARE\IBM\ADSM\Nodes\<COMPUTERNAME>\<TSMSERVER> registry key on the client machine. What I am wondering is if there is a way to make that password entry automated so that the end users do not have to type it in. Maybe through a script of some sort or anything else? Any ideas??

Last edited:
Back