TSM Monitor - a php project

Micha,

I'm using version 5.2. I downloaded the latest version, and briefly started poking around... is there one particular file I can swap out for the 5.3 upgrade, or should I replace all of them. Thanks for the attention.

Last edited:
@influx: The newer versions of tsm monitor have splitted configuration files: config.php and serverconfig.php. You only need to keep/edit serverconfig.php

@all: There will be a new release the next days which will include a graphical overview over your backups:

3153518713_2bc2a09ae6_b.jpg

Micha

Micha,

Good deal. I'll be looking forward to the new release. Thanks.

Micha,

running fedora core6.
unzipped the files in /var/www/html
executing in mozilla firefox as http://localhost/tsmmonitor-0.6/

I'm running into issues.

1. I get failurure as follows: /var/log/dsmprune.log errno=13 permission denied.

So I go to that directory and touch dsmprune.log and chmod it to 666, then it works. However, dsmprune.log is transient and it gets removed. So I end up back at square 1.

2. The "quick overview" page is the only page that load. When I click on "Backups", it defaults to the "quick overview". I can't seem to get the backups page or any other page to load. (where would I begin to troubleshoot).

Thanks.

Micha,

running fedora core6.
unzipped the files in /var/www/html
executing in mozilla firefox as http://localhost/tsmmonitor-0.6/

I'm running into issues.

1. I get failurure as follows: /var/log/dsmprune.log errno=13 permission denied.

So I go to that directory and touch dsmprune.log and chmod it to 666, then it works. However, dsmprune.log is transient and it gets removed. So I end up back at square 1.

2. The "quick overview" page is the only page that load. When I click on "Backups", it defaults to the "quick overview". I can't seem to get the backups page or any other page to load. (where would I begin to troubleshoot).

Thanks.

This is strange. 1) happened to me under Linux too, under AIX not.
I know that someone else has the same problem as 2) but I tried it under AIX 5.3/PHP4/Apache1.3, WinXP/PHP5.2/Apache2.2 and Ubuntu 8.04/PHP5/apache2.2 and never had this issue :( Sounds like a problem with php_get.

Would you please be so nice and give me all the data I need to create a VM with Fedora so I have a environment like yours (Apache/PHP-Version etc.)?

Thanks,
Micha

@influx: I finally found the bug. My problem was that I developep on an old php version and used the wrong globals. Thats why you always ended on the start page after cklicking on a query page.

Please download v0.6.1, it includes that fix.

Last edited:
Micha,

Few things. I've upgraded to 0.6.1. Very nice. This took care of the issue with the "second server" not loading up. However, it did not correct the /var/log/dsmprune.log issue. (not a big deal... just thought I'd report it to you).
Also, in my present environment, I support approximately 50 TSM servers and the number is growing all the time. For me to look at all of the TSM servers, one at at time via the drop down will be cumbersome.
I was thinking of creating a "dashboard" to show an event for all my TSM servers on one page. e.g. click on a link "log consumption", that will display log consumption of all 50 of my TSM severs on one page.
I'm a pretty good programmer... not adept in PHP, but thought I could work on this (unless you think it's worthwhile and it's something you would incorporate).
What are your thoughts?

Hi influx,

sorry for responding so late but i was short on time.
50 servers? Wow, never thought about that. Your idea is good, I will think about it. I am rewriting tsm monitor right now to use an xml file as configuration and to be able to change Queries through the webinterface.
After that some help would be great. I could upload the application to svn so we could edit concurrently.

Micha

Hi Micha,

I have updated the latest one,after up gradation i am getting the below given error.

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: simplexml_load_file() in /var/www/html/support/tivoli/includes/functions.php on line 457

Any Clue ?Aroon

Hi Micha,

I have configured the TSM monitor,but there is no output please check the attachment.

Aroon

Attachments

• tsm monitor.JPG
    tsm monitor.JPG
    70.8 KB · Views: 57
Hi Micha,

I have configured the TSM monitor,but there is no output please check the attachment.

Aroon

That's strange. I there any error in your dsmerror.log? Does 'q act' give you something back? Do other queries work? Did 0.6.x work for you?

I released 0.7.3 with a small bugfix for people with only one tsm server.

Some people told me about connecttion problems and blank screens after they logged in. In order to get some information about the problem, I made a special functions.php (for version 0.7.x) which I attached to this post. Just remove the .txt, replace your exisiting one, reconnect and post the output (without your password please)

Micha

Attachments

• functions.php.txt
    14.5 KB · Views: 49
Hi Micha,

I'm having the blank information issue, just like if it was not connecting to the server. I installed your modified functions.php, and here is the only output i get. Sorry i can't be of more help, I'm not too good with PHP:

Code:
checklogin:
server = P01SAU***
user = dsmadmc
password = ******
ip = 10.99.*.*
port = 1500

I'm running your code under WindowsXP / Xampp 1.6.8
+ Apache 2.2.9
+ MySQL 5.0.67 (Community Server)
+ PHP 5.2.6 + PHP 4.4.9 + PEAR
+ PHP-Switch win32 1.0 (use "php-switch.bat" in the xampp main directory)

My bad Micha,

I didn't realize you needed a copy of "dsmadmc" it's option file, and dscenu.txt in the root directory... Sorry.

Last edited:
any one tried running it under IIS 6.0?

I'm asking cause our companie want's only application running on IIS..

Hi JeanSeb Thanks a ton.I was breaking my head for couple of days.I was facing a blank page issue after replacing the function.php also.After copyingdsmadmc,dscenu.txt and dsm.opt file solved my issue.

Aroon.

Back