Reaction score
We are having the following environment :

AIX 5.3 ML05
TSM Server 5.5.1
Tape Library 3582 with SAN support

TSM Client 5.3.X
TSM for SAN Agent installed on the Client 5.5.1

TDP for Oracle 5.4.1

We are currently taking oracle backups via TDP without having any issues. Now we are trying to configure the client to perform backups over SAN i.e. LAN-free. After customization of the LAN-free we are getting the following symptom:

a. Library sharing sessions are established and can be seen in the "q session" output
b. The TDP client session is also established
c. "proxied"....... message is also there in the activity log (as mentioned in the TSM SAN Agent manual )
d. The tape is mounted in the drive
e. "q mo" shows "IN USE"
f. We are performing a backup of an 8GB Oracle DB using TDP for oracle

Issue : The system seems like doing nothing....there is no data movement in term of bytes transfer or bytes received for the sessions established. Only small increments of data transfers is seen (maybe for meta data), but it seems like the backup is either toooo slow or not happening at all. Please advice if anyone faced similar situation. I was thinking that it might be because my client is 5.3.x whereas the SAN agent installed on the client is 5.5.1, can it be the reason for such a symptom. thanks in advance.

Hi
At least you can update TSM client to version 5.4

TDP for Oracle support any tsm server version and TSM Client API=>5.4.0
TSM server v.5.5 support storage-agent v.5.5,v.5.4 and 5.3
TSM client v.5.5 and 5.4 support TSM server v.5.5,v.5.4.
So, the best variants are:
1. All version 5.4 on client side (if you use Oracle 9)
2. All version 5.5 on client side (if you use Oracle 10 or 11)

for monitor lan-free data movement you can connect using routing command to storage agent and run: q se
also use VALIDATE LANFREE <node_name> <storage_agent_name> for validate lan-free configuration
use this template for validate client configuration http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docvi...ee&uid=swg21264430&loc=en_US&cs=utf-8&lang=en

Efim

Last edited:
Hi,
I am also facing the same problem.....the storage agent(db2 nodes)are successfully established the session but sending no data ...when i cancel the session it again makes session and do nothing on TSM server.Could anyone can help in this..
The storage agents and TSM server are on Version 5, Release 3, Level 5.3

When you say no data is sent...remember the data sent over the storage agent will not show in TSM with a Q SESS and the node that will be present will be the metadata session so don't use it to reference transfer stats.

Back