TSM HSM reporting

chinky78

** WARNING: Banned **
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Hi,

Wondering if anyone has an idea on:

Q1 - How to generate a report from TSM HSM (for windows and unix) that says what files / directories in HSM storage pool is eg more than 1 year?

Q2. How to then archive these files to tape cartridges based on time stamp / or delete them based on time stamp?

Just out of curiosity, why don't you archive/delete based on the file's attributes only? I mean - what can the HSM-date possibly have to do with such a decision?

PJ

I am not sure what exactly you are trying to do. Generally when HSM is implemented, you chose an option that forces TSM to "Backup a file first before it gets migrated to HSM storage pool" This basically avoids the situation where TSM may have to recall the file from HSM in order to do backup of the file. Also, Since the file is already backed up to TSM storage pool, when the file gets migrated to HSM, TSM server simply copies the file from backuppool to the space managed pool. So, the file is only sent once to TSM. this is how the HSM shuld be configured. There is no need for an archive based on dat. I am not sure what you are trying to achive and a little insight will help me to answer you question.

Not really, alimirza. Actually its the other way round. If you migrate first and backup afterwards, TSM will copy the data from the HSM to the Backup Pool structure. (Not that it matters in this particular scenario).

PJ

Can you explain your scanario a bit plaese and yes you are right about the backup but my point was why do you have to archive these files when they are already backed up and have been migrated.

Back