TSM Health Check?

nkinison

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My manager wants to get a TSM Health Check. We are in Washington, DC. Does anyone know of a company that does TSM Health Checks, besides IBM?

I've found a couple by doing a Google search but am interested in any others that you may have used.

Thanks,

Nettie Kinison

Just curious:

Would audit not do? Or, do you really mean a TSM System audit for compliance purposes like SOX or HIPAA?

I think he wants to see what someone says about our system. Are we configured correctly, using disk space correctly, retention policies, etc. He's new to TSM so I think he needs assurance that it is working okay.

I had Lighthouse Technologies do a health check at my last place. It was well worth it as it shows a lot more points of failure and areas of opportunities than conventional tools. I've got a contact person, if you're interested PM me.

If your manager is after things like retention policies these things cannot be "looked at" from an external viewpoint. This should be addressed by your company internally plus inputs/guidance to compliance policies like SOX or HIPAA (if you are in the Health business).

One common mistake of addressing D/R or Business Continuance issues is asking for external inputs and following them blindly. You alone knows your business more than anyone else - what your customers and shareholders require, and what the law requires

I agree for doing a technical health check but not with respect to policies. State/Provincial and Federal laws stipulates record retention periods which should be your guide.

Just my two cents.

Health Check

Sir

Send me a private message here on ADSM.org and we can communicate about this and possibly establish a scope needed.

I have done a few of these recently so i have some questions for you.

Thank you.

Back