TSM HADR Installation/Configuration

SKumar

Active Newcomer
Reaction score
Hi
I have to configure TSM HADR in one place. I do not have any cluster software installed in TSM server. So only TSM DB2 will be configured in HADR mode. HADR will be configured in Active/standby mode.

My understanding on this is

1. Active and standby node will have an ip address configured in each server. For example 192.168.1.100 for server1 and 192.168.1.101 for server 2.
2. DB 2 HADR will be configured as Active/Stand by mode.
3. Client will connect the active node(192.168.1.100) in normal situation. That means when database is running on Active node.
4. When DB fail over will happen, DB will move to the standby node ( 192.168.1.101) and services served by the standby node, which will become active.

5. My dsm.sys are configured as to refer the active node(192.168.1.100). So when the service moved to the standby node, how the TSM client will connect to the TSM server?

Any idea or have some other method to implement this.

Regards.

You will have to manually update the client with the IP/hostname of the other TSM Server, unless you create a DNS alias, have your client point to that DNS alias instead of IP or hostname. After a failover, get the network admin to update the DNS alias to the other IP address and back when returning to the original server.

If you are looking at a seamless approach, you may be better off with node replication. http://www-01.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSGSG7_7.1.1/com.ibm.itsm.srv.doc/c_repl.html?lang=en

Hello,

during my tests with HADR I define a network alias in the start script of TSM and use this service address as server address in the client opts.

Back