TSM GUI and command prompt not opening

brianfulcher15

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
I have tsm version 5.5, I cannot get the GUI, or the command prompt to open. This is running on a windows server 2003. I have reinstalled the application and it ran fine for almost 3 weeks, now the problem has reoccured. I have installed the windows VSS patch, and the windows SMP patch. This is a virtural machine, using vmware. We have expearnced this on 3 servers in our environment, all of which are not releated to each other at all. We have about 70 other servers in our environment that are built identically, and are not having this problem.

Does anyone know what may be cuaseing this?

Client or Server

Do you mean TSM Client prompt or server prompt?

Can You check the required java version is installed. If it is so go to the client installation path and see the dsmcad.exe and then try.

can you send Error code which u recieved.

do you see any dsm.exe on "Processes" list on task manager?

I know it's cheesy, but in the past a restart has resolved this problem for me.

This is the problem with Operating System not with the TSM. You restart the servere it will start working. i had this prob in past.

i am facing the same problem with one of my windows 2003 server 64 bit sp2 . i have the tsm version 5.5 . i had this problem 2 weeks back and i rebooted the server and all the tsm services were back up and running . And today the services have stopped all of a sudden . iam unable to open the GUI or Command Line. I would appreciate any kind of help .

Thanks.

Try reinstalling the BAclient software , Also I remember this issue is somehow related to VSS service. Try stopping/starting the VSS service and try to open the baclient gui/cmd.

Back