TSM for VE

What do you mean by "Can I test TSM for VE in the same server where TSM is running?" Do you mean by 'the same server' as in a NODE and not the TSM Server?

If you are pointing to a node rather than The TSM server, the answer is yes. BA client should be at 6.2 and TSM for VE at 6.2.3.3 etc. and will work with TSM Server at 5.5. If you have BA at 6.3 and TSM for VE at 6.3.x, then your TSM Server must be at 6.1 or later.

Last edited:
Thanks moon-buddy
I mean if it is possible to install TSM for VE in the same OS that running TSM server?

I'm asking that because i've seen that TSM for VE is installled in a separte machine. !!!!

:)

You can install tivoli for virtual environments on the same machine as the server, however, it is recommended that you create a separate machine and use that machine as a proxy node to use to backup your virtual environment. you also cannot backup the machine you are running the backup from.
Hope this helps.
-TC

Hi

I've installed a testbed for TSM for VE, but when i'm configuring the BA client on the proxy server i've not found the VADP (vStorage API for Data Protection).

How to check if the VADP is correctly installed on my node?

thnx to all

Back