TSM For VE 6.3 help

k3t5

Active Newcomer
Reaction score
Hi,

I am new to TSM for VE 6.3, I have read IBM notes and still not fully clear how to set some of the components up, please can someone help. Also I currently have TSM Server version 5.5 on AIX is this compatible with TSM for VE.

Many thanks

Last edited:
Check this page for details on the TSM Server. http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21567566#Additional hardware and software

In short it says V6.1.3.x of the TSM server is required. Initiallly I remember them saying V5.5.5.x was ok, but that seems to have changed. Use the Redbook and find the updates to it if you want to get this installed and running. It is very complicated with a lot of virtual nodes to register and setting up the Data Mover (TSM BAC). I understand the V6.4 is out (some time today I think) and it is a lot easier to configure. However with your TSM Server at V5.5 you will have to upgrade first.

Thankyou for your reply, you are definatley right about how complicated this is, am struggling to see where to start and where to install what components, have you installed TSM for VE. It will be very useful if you can give me a few simple steps on what components are installed where.
Many thanks.

There are multiple places you can install TSM4VE. I put it on the VCenter at my last customer and ran schedules from the FCM GUI. V6.4 will be better. Do you have the RedBook for TSM4VE? It is very specific on the steps that required, but not so specific on which node is virtual and which node is real. The main thing to remember is the DataMover node is real, the others are virtual. Setting up the proxy etc is complicated but it does work. Pull down the redbook

No I don't have the redbook for TSM4VE v6.4, can you please point me to the location. Thanks. I'll have look, if I get confused or stuck I will post here.

Last edited:
Back