Tsm erp

tsmlover

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
I got used to work with TDP agents with TSM but now its been a first time i installed TSM for ERP on Oracle server after installation i found that there is no GUI or Web console from where i can start backup job....

plzz tell me some about TSM ERP and how it will be intigrate with BR tool...???

Brbackup expects a backint program.
As soon as you have tsmerp installed, the backint link should be in place (/sapmnt/SID/exe).

Backups are started from brtools/brbackup which will make a call to backint.

i am a windows user, and i just want to start backup using TSM4ERP and Brtool, tell me any gud resource where i can see step by step porcess to doing this task, I browse thru the Red book but i found that it is not for the ppl deploying tsmerp for the first time......

one thing still not clear,

I have installed TSM for ERP on ERP server, does tsm ERP have any console like BAclient or TDP for exchange etc....

Last edited:
As Jeroen pointed out and as you've found, backups of ERP use the BRtools and the backint program to run backups. There are various options when it comes to starting the backups: use a cron or scheduling utility on the client itself to call backint, use a client schedule on TSM that calls the backint command with appropriate parameters, etc.

The configuration file (ERP equivalent of dsm.opt) is called init<SID>.utl, where SID is the SID of the database instances. You will have to contact your DBA and work with him/her to determine some backup parameters in the initSID.utl as well as any flags/switches to the backint command itself. And I hope you have a policy domain and management classes set up for the DB and logs.

Back