TSM DB backup at remote site.(urgent Help)

shivaji_laxmi

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
I have we installed the TSM 5.2.1 on our one TSM server. We have 30GB of DB backup. While recovery it takes lot of time to recover the DB. So we want to setup another server 15 Kms( Remote location) from original location of TSM server. we need to replicate the DB backup automatically from source server to destination server. How can I achieve this? Any book or already prepared document for this. You help will be appreciated

Two ways to look at this. TSM-Based and NON TSM-based.

TSM based would via server-to-server comm and backup your database to the remote site. You would that want to script a DB restore. Create DB copy volumes at the remote site via NFS mount. (VERY poor performance)

NON TSM-Based has a few more options. Backup your DB to a filesystem at the remote site and script the DB restore. Use a hardware based remote mirroring (EMC, IBM, HP all have this) to keep a "live" copy of the DB at the remote site. Or do a remote-mirror of the DB files.(GEO-RM from IBM does this)

What I would suggest is creating a file devclass and backup the DB to the remote site on that devclass then scripting the DB restore.

-Aaron

Back