TSM Database Replication

Aaron S.

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Hi folks,

I am attempting to replicate (manually unless there is a better way/practice?) a TSM database between two TSM servers as one of the TSM servers is much small and uses a TS3200 manual tape library, while the other large one is responsible for the majority of our environments' data and uses FC and a 3584 tape library.

I have cross-defined the servers and they are able to speak to each other. As I am very new to the technical-know-how of cross-definition and activity between TSM servers concept, I followed the manual's standard procedure to set up communication between the servers and designate a target device class by defining a device class of server. However when I initiate the 'backup db devc=<devc> type=incremental' it results in error with out of storage space and is attempting to write to the archive pool.

Is there a document that speaks about this topic with clarity that I can read or perhaps a clue as to how this can be performed?

Thanks in advance,
Aaron

Excellent source - thank you!

I am browsing through and will let you know if I can't find anything on database replication - though I feel confident there will be something in here of similar nature.

-A

Back