TSM Client error

sabrine

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I have the following error in TSM Client :

ANS1035S Options file 'C:\Program Files\Tivoli\TSM\baclient' could not be found, or it cannot be read.

How can i fix this error?

Thanks in advanced!

Look in the directory C:\Program Files\Tivoli\TSM\baclient and see if there is a file called dsm.opt.

If the dsm.opt file does not exist.

Manually create a file called dsm.opt and

TCPServeraddress XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX <= IP address of the system that is hosting the TSM/SP Server
COMMMethod TCPip
TCPPort 1500
PasswordAccess generate
Nodename name_of_node <= If this is not set, by default the TSM/SP B/A Client will use the host name of the system

The above is just a basic information that are needed for the TSM/SP B/A Client to communicate with the TSM/SP Server

May want to review the SP B/A Client manual regarding the dsm.opt file.

Good Luck,
Sias

Actually dsm.opt already exists and the configuration is already done. i don't know why it cannot be read or found .could it be user privileges issues ?

Okay, the dsm.opt file does exist.
What are the permission settings for the dsm.opt file?

What is that we are doing that is causing the B/A Client to generate the ANS1035S?

If we are logging into the system as a user, CD into C:\Program Files\Tivoli\TSM\baclient , and issue "dsmc q fi" (no quotes) what happens?
Are we prompted for an ID and password?
Do we receive an error or do we see file system information?

What happens if we log into the system as an admin and issue the above.
Are the results the same?

Good Luck,
Sias

actually i tried that too and same results, i checked dsmerror file it's the same error
11/12/2023 01:41:38 ANS1035S Options file 'C:\Program Files\Tivoli\TSM\baclient' could not be found, or it cannot be read.
For the permissions read permission is granted.

What is the full version of the SP B/A Client that we are running?
What is the flavor of Windows that is hosting the TSM/SP B/A Client?

In rare situation the env variable path need to be set.

Ensure that the environment variables meet the following guidelines:

Include the directory where the executable files (for example, dsm.exe) reside in the current PATH environment variable. If you accepted the default installation directory using the C: drive, you can set this from a command prompt by typing:

SET PATH=C:\Program Files\Tivoli\TSM\baclient

Specify the fully-qualified path name of your client options file (dsm.opt) using the DSM_CONFIG environment variable:

SET DSM_CONFIG=C:\Program Files\Tivoli\TSM\baclient\dsm.opt

Define the DSM_DIR environment variable to point to the directory where the Tivoli Storage Manager client message file dsc*.txt is located:

SET DSM_DIR=C:\Program Files\Tivoli\TSM\baclient

Good Luck,
Sias

thank you so much i added DSM_CONFIG and DSM_DIR to environment variables and it's fixed now

Back