TSM Client, Disaster Recovery CD

I've downloaded the plugin, but I get an access violation when I run TSM from the Bart PE environment. Does it require having the client preloaded on the system or do registry entries need to be made??? Any assistance would be appreciated.

jtwatsn

when I use the W2003R2 source cd - the plugin did not start in the GUI

when I use WinXP everything funktion, BUT in W2003 a lot of more network and raid drivers are included in the standard package!

have anyone run the plugin under 2003 source files?

thx

hi,

i created my own plugin, filosofie is diferent. you have to unpack files from client pack.

OK, it is a litle bigger, but iyou can upgrade on newer version any time you want.,

I included TFG for restore from winpe/bart.

if you are interestinf i can send it.

I use ubcd4win.com for drivers.

i need win2003 only for BLADEs. they dont support windows XP.

i wish short restores ;o)

filip

Hi ordan,

This is exactly what I'm working on right now. A BartPE CD for Disaster Recovery on my Win2003 blades.
Right now the blades have BA Client 5.3.4 installed.

I'm really interested on the work you've already done.

Please let me know if you can email me the info or, better yet, share it with the rest in the forum. :)

Hi,

i will post here in few days.

EDIT:

Hi,

my idea is you will extract files from ftp package to directory files. Then you can insert this plugin to BARTPE.

in dir files_restore is some scripts which i get from TFG for restoring images.

I count with XPE plugin and Adobe acrobat, becouse I included TFG as well.

plugin: http://www.postemoderne.net/hasaf/tsm/itsm.zip

Hope, it will somebody help.

ordan

Last edited:
my best idea how to create cd

I think that best idea how to create recovery cd for TSM is use UBCD4WIN.com and include plugin for TSM (delete multiboot plugin, if you will not delete you have to edit setupldr.bin, but it is possible). Create BartPE from windows 2003 sp1. Reason is Blade Center doesn't support Windows XP.

I wish you don't need this CD ;o)

ordan

Back