TSM Client Configuration Wizard shows blank domain-list

lilixxl

Newcomer
Reaction score
Hi,

I´m trying to (re-)setup a Spectrum Protect Client (Version 8.1.20) for backup on a WINserver2016 after a major hacking event.
All seems to be fine in the wizard to configure the dsm.opt file until it comes to the domain-include section where I get stuck with a blank window thus unable to select anything from the filesystem. (screenshot attached)
I have found a rather old thread in this forum that addressed the same topic but other than mentioning that a registry-key had to be altered it did not tell what key or any other solution.
So far I have tried to uninstall the spectrum protect client and reinstall it as admin. Tried running the client as a normal user or as admin, but to no success.
Can someone help?

all the best
Rainer Lilischkis, University of applied Sciences Kaiserslautern, Germany

Attachments

• PastedGraphic-1.png
    PastedGraphic-1.png
    174.6 KB · Views: 7
Hi,

What if you create the dsm.opt file manually. Will you then be able to run backup?

Does the same happen on other systems, or is just this host?

Error logs does not show anything I guess.

If you are comfortable with checking a trace, try this:

dsm.exe -traceflag=service -tracefile=c:\temp\trace.txt

Not sure if that will reveal anything though.

Rgds,

Hi,

thank you so much for your answer.

Indeed I was able to manually edit the dsm.opt file and trigger the backup manually.

But now I'm stuck again because I need to generate the scheduler (dsm.sched ? I guess) and that same Wizard keeps throwing an error about a communication problem with the web-browser !
I don´t See any webbrowser involved...
In dsmj.log there is

*** commFlush: java.net.SocketException: Connection reset by peer: socket write error
06.12.2023 12:58:52: ANS2613S Zwischen dem Web-Browser und dem Client ist ein Kommunikationsprotokollfehler aufgetreten.
Could not get JDOM tree !!!

any thoughts on that?

Rainer

I found the following, the following APAR is for the MAC os.

...Connection reset by peer...
Normally this message is due to the port being very busy.

Here is a list of default ports that the TSM / SP application use.

In the dsm.opt file if we have "managedservices webclient" , the cad service is only managing the webclient .
The schedule service is managing the schedule.

Since your running TSM B/A Client 8.1.20, at this time there are no patches to the code.
May have to open a case with IBM to see if this is a possible code issue.

Good Luck,
Sias

Back