TSM CLient and tdp for oracle upgrade from 5.34 and 5.2.0 Respectively to 5.4

alexmutinda

Newcomer
Reaction score
Hi all,
I need assistance on How to upgrade from AIX TSM client from 5.3.4 to either 5 .4 or 5.5 and also how to upgrade TDP for oracle from 5.2 to either 5.4 or 5.5. Will I require to uninstall and reinstall the 5.4/5.5 or will I use smitty update_all and all the relevant file sets will be updated? This clients are running on business critical DB and can only afford to restart TSM processes but not the whole of the partition

Hi all,
I need assistance on How to upgrade from AIX TSM client from 5.3.4 to either 5 .4 or 5.5 and also how to upgrade TDP for oracle from 5.2 to either 5.4 or 5.5. Will I require to uninstall and reinstall the 5.4/5.5 or will I use smitty update_all and all the relevant file sets will be updated? This clients are running on business critical DB and can only afford to restart TSM processes but not the whole of the partition

All that I do is download the relevant binaries and use smit(ty) to update. Don't forget to stop the TSM service(s) before doing so.

Thanks MOON,
What are the TSM services running at the client level? Does this mean that I will not require to configure the TDP for Oracle agent and the TSM client after updating?

Thanks MOON,
What are the TSM services running at the client level? Does this mean that I will not require to configure the TDP for Oracle agent and the TSM client after updating?

do a "ps -ef|grep dsmc" to see what the TSM services that are running.

You may need to regenerate the TSM passwords for the client and TDP portion to make sure that the passwords are still in sync with the TSM Server. Other than that, the configurations for the BA and TDP clients should remain the same.

Last edited:
Am soo new in TSM..... Do you have an idea on how to regenerate the password. Am so far greatfull of your assistance

Back