ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

Environment
OS TSM Server: AIX 6.1 ML 6
TSM Server: v6.2.3
Proxy Server for VMs: Windows 2008 on a physical server
TSM Windows Client for the Proxy Server:v.3

I was able to install and configure everything. All works fine when doing Full VM backup of all the VMs using the tsm client gui. My concern is when doing an "full vm incremental" option on a specific VM. In a detail scenario, I edited one of the README file after doing a Full VM BACKUP on one of the machine(VM1). The file size is 5 KB before editing and 6 KB after the editing. When I did the "FULL VM Incremental" BACKUP on VM1, i looked at the summary report and it says 188.89 MB was transferred. I log-on to the TSM SERVER to verify if it really was 188.89 and indeed it was. also the no. of files added was 76.I was expecting that only 1 file will be added and only 1 KB will be added. BTW, i recorded the detail output of the command "q occ" before doing the backup. My concerned now is why is this happening. Is there something needs to be done on the VM BACKUP Settings on "Client Preference" before I can use the "FULL VM Incremental" on the GUI. Please advice.

My second question is, is the the tsm for vms, doing a block level or file level backup on incremental mode.

Thanks in advance for the response and suggestions.

jrb

Back