TSM 7.1 VE with Node Replication

Vorsprung

Active Newcomer
Reaction score
Good afternoon. I am currently testing using the Node Replication feature to replicate VM backups to a DR instance of TSM, and while I had some success, I'm not sure if I did everything the best way.

In my lab setup I have created two TSM 7.1 servers, and set up an instance of TSMVE on each. Each is a single server running TSM, TSMVE and the DM together just for the purpose of testing. I will call them 'Prod' and 'DR'.

I configured for replication between Prod and DR, and was able to replicate the node registered as the VMware Datacenter (where individual VMs are each a filespace under that node). On the DR instance I set the replicated node as the Datacenter node inside that instance of TSMVE after I specified it in the VE config. I am able to see the VMs under the restore options, but not under the reporting, where it shows no VMs backed up for that datacenter. I set up a separate Datamover for the DR site and assigned it to the replicated Datacenter.

Unfortunately there isn't much documentation for using replication in this way, so not sure if these are best practices. It appeared when I replicated the Datacenter's node from Prod to DR, it wanted to also take the associated datamover, vcenter and vmcli nodes with it. What is the best way to attach the replicated node in the other instance? I created new ones when I set up TSMVE on the DR instance. What is the best way to replicate or align these nodes between the two TSM instances?

Hopefully I explained that well enough, let me know if you need more information.

Thank you for your time!

hello everybody
i have the same problem
any answers pleaze ? !!
thanks a lot .

Back