TSM 5.4 on RHEL4U2?

jcrichton

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Website
www.crichtonenterprises.com
When I d this everything seems to install just fine, however when I try to run a dsmc incr I get errors of the like

$ dsmc incr
dsmc: error while loading shared libraries: libgpfs.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

When i try to run the dsmagent I get

$ dsmagent
dsmagent: error while loading shared libraries: libxmlutil-5.4.1.0.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

It seems to be missing something but I am not the primary administrator of this machine, the incompetent tards who are have been saving the backups to the folder in the same directory the program resides in for the last year. I just now found out about it, and I am no linux pro.

Does anyone have any ideas for what to do without risking breaking the server?

Reinstall the TSM client. Do a rpm -e then reinstall with rpm -ihv. I ran into the same problem and a reinstall fixed it. Google libgpfs.so and you'll find some hits where the links get broken.

Here is my fix for 5.4.1.
when i got this error
smc: error while loading shared libraries: libgpfs.so: cannot open
shared object file: No such file or directory

#cd /etc/ld.so.conf.d
#cat > tsm.conf
/opt/tivoli/tsm/client/api/bin
#ldconfig

/tom

I am in the process of doing a reinstall like was suggested as Tom totally lost me. However when i try to start the reinstall I get the following

Failed dependencies:
TIVsm-API = 5.4.1 is needed by TIVsm-API64-5.4.1-0.x86_64

Have I missed something I need to remove?

Here is my fix for 5.4.1.
when i got this error
smc: error while loading shared libraries: libgpfs.so: cannot open
shared object file: No such file or directory

#cd /etc/ld.so.conf.d
#cat > tsm.conf
/opt/tivoli/tsm/client/api/bin
#ldconfig

/tom

That's a hack.

I am in the process of doing a reinstall like was suggested as Tom totally lost me. However when i try to start the reinstall I get the following

Failed dependencies:

Have I missed something I need to remove?

Probably. Do rpm -qa | grep TIV, and show us.

You probably have to remove all TSM client related packages, and then re-install as previously suggested.

Or, it's possible some of your "tards" hosed your system and your libraries aren't there, or aren't linked right or something. In which case you either need to fix it or resort to hacks as previously described.

Oh god, this is going to be entertaining, I just know it.

[pwsbuser@Donatello ~]$ rpm -qa | grep TIV
[pwsbuser@Donatello ~]$

So allegedly there is nothing there.

Crap, when I try to reinstall as well it gives me

[~/rpm]$ rpm -i TIVsm-API64.i386.rpm
error: Failed dependencies:

Are you sure that you are running a 64bit version of RedHat EL 4 Update 4?

This dependency you are showing seems circular unless you need the non-64 bit version of the API installed first? That is the only thing I can think of since I haven't gone to 64 bit Linux yet. The error output certainly suggests the TIVsm-API rpm, not the TIVsm-API64 rpm.

its Redhat EL4 Update 2. Unless I am on crack I am running the 64 bit

$ uname -a
xxx.xxx.xxx.ab.ca 2.6.9-22.ELsmp #1 SMP Mon Sep 19 18:00:54 EDT 2005 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Back