TSM 5.3 Certification - exam 000-799 - additional materials

darx

Newcomer
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I am planning to do TSM 5.3 Certification (exam 000-799).

I have some the Redbooks from IBM (Certification guide TSM 5.3, Implementation guide TSM 5.3, IBM TSM Concepts, Deployment Guide for TSM 5_3, IBM TSM 5.3 Technical Guide).

But I am looking for some good and free practice tests (or any additional materials-not from IBM site)

Does anyone know where to get them?

Can you give me some useful advice of taking an exam?

Suggestions are welcome.

regards

DareX

Install TSM server on a linux box. That will help you practise a great deal

I have question for Pepeda

Pepeda,

Like Darx explained I have gone through the documents and have taken class for IBM TSM 5.3.2 implementation for Windows. I have also experimented on TSM 5.3.2 for Windows on a production like lab (with tape support). However I need the following explanation;

• Do I have still to experiment with Linux part?
  • Do 799 expect all TSM supported platform?
  • I prepared my self on TSM 5.3.2 for Windows on windows network how does it relate to Test 799?

Thanks

Hi,

well - as far as I remember my TSM exams there were some OS-dependent questions.
IMHO Pepeda's suggestion is good as the TSM on Linux does not "help" you with wizards, so you have to do it all by yourself (which is the best experience you can have).

It is not the must to get past the exam, but surely will help

Harry

hi,
I took the 799 exam a couple of months ago, and there are definitely os-dependent questions and library dependent questions (e.g. what type of tape driver you must use for a LTO library on a given platform). As I work for an IBM BP I have implemented TSM in very different situations, which helped me a lot with specific os-dependent questions. However, i believe that you can as well practice fine on a windows box, as long as you use the CLI, and I suggest you to carefully read the README files, in which you see a lot about different configurations on different OS

cheers
max

I need Tivoli Storage Manager 5.3.2 Implementation Book . Pls can anyone help me.

Is 5.3 even available any more? Better check it out because I took 5.5 and there was a good number of question aimed directly at the newest features.

I took TSM 6.1 Implementation this week...big change I noticed -- not a big surprise -- a number of questions on configuring TSM 6.1 Monitoring/Reporting.

Back