TS3310 Hardware Installation

mikeatkc

ADSM.ORG Senior Member
Reaction score
I'm having difficulty installing the TS3310. I cannot seems to get past "system intializing" at any of the setup menu on the TS3310. I have open a ticket with IBM and after a week, the IBM field technician is at the same place where I was. The recommended solution was to tear the unit down and do hardware installation over (which I'm fine with). However, I like to get inputs to see if anyone else ran into issue with installing the TS3310.

Additionally, when powering up the TS3310, the I/O slots on the expansion modules do not lock and the robot/arm does not move up and down for testing.

TS3310 (5U) with two expansion modules (9U) on the bottom. The IBM technician did replaced the CF and the controller module.

All inputs are welcome, thank you.

Mike

Re-align the robot

I had the issue with the I/O doors and I took the top off the machine, realigned the robot.(It's easy, just make sure the gears both touch at the same time when setting it back down into the slot.)

I did this a couple of times. The robot dropped/slid to the bottom and seems to be aligned.

The TS3310 keeps reporting the following:

T094 - Drive cover plate missing
Generic - 1005
Specific - 45

T060 - Door open
Generic - 1005
Specific - 46

1) there are two cover plates covering the two empty slots

2) doors are not open

I cleared the error messages but TS3310 keeps on reporting.

I took the two expansion modules out and fire up the control module (5U) alone. Same issue, it seems the control module's sensor is not functioning.

T060 - Door open (the door was definitely not open)

No "cover plate missing" error message, as there's no expansion module attach. So it sorta points to the control module being the issue and the sensor somehow?

Mike

Resolution:

It was a bad sensor board in the control module (hardware problem). An IBM technician replaced the sensor board and everything is fine.

Mike

Ts3310

I am experiencing almost an identical situation with a TS3310 (5U) and one 9U Expansion module on the bottom. It's been "initializing" for days. However, the robot/arm does move up and down.

Also, although I can log in to the web management console, when I attempt to manage the library I get an informational message "system initializing. Please wait. Informational code: 35(0x23) go back to login page".

I am opening a SR with IBM but would appreceiate any input as well.

Thank you,

The first thing the IBM technician did was to replace the controller board (in the back with all those RJ-45s) and do firmware install/upgrade, as this is the simplest replacement. If the control module sensor board is the issue, the IBM technician needs to replace that board, think of the most difficult place for the unit and that's where this board is. The IBM technician took the entire CM/5U apart to get to the sensor board. (Hopefully it's the CM in the back).

Additionally, look at your error report on the 3576 and see what other codes display (X-Y axis out of sync, door open, cover plate not detected, etc.) as this will give you more clues on the problem.

Mike

resolution

I am experiencing almost an identical situation with a TS3310 (5U) and one 9U Expansion module on the bottom. It's been "initializing" for days. However, the robot/arm does move up and down.

Also, although I can log in to the web management console, when I attempt to manage the library I get an informational message "system initializing. Please wait. Informational code: 35(0x23) go back to login page".

I am opening a SR with IBM but would appreceiate any input as well.

Thank you,

Just a FYI, an IBM technician had to replace the terminator on the back of the library contoller 5U unit and unit initialized but then we lost the display panel and web management console (page not found). He ended up replacing the controller board and the compact flash card on the board as well. :)

From the posts in this forum, it seems there's a quality issue with the IBM TS3310 (3576). There was a follow-up from IBM regarding the purchase of the TS3310 and implementation. Needless to say, I gave a poor feedback for quality on the unit.

Back