• Please help support our sponsors by considering their products and services.
    Our sponsors enable us to serve you with this high-speed Internet connection and fast webservers you are currently using at ADSM.ORG.
    They support this free flow of information and knowledge exchange service at no cost to you.

Please welcome our latest sponsor Tectrade . We can show our appreciation by learning more about Tectrade Solutions
  • Community Tip: Please Give Thanks to Those Sharing Their Knowledge.

If you receive helpful answer on this forum, please show thanks to the poster by clicking "LIKE" link for the answer that you found helpful.

• Community Tip: Forum Rules (PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ BEFORE POSTING)

Click the link above to access ADSM.ORG Acceptable Use Policy and forum rules which should be observed when using this website. Violators may be banned from this website. This notice will disappear after you have made at least 3 posts.

Trying to connect to dsmadmc gives me a bunch of dsm.opt file errors...

I'm trying to establish a shell instance in my script but it's spitting out ANS1036S errors (The option 'option' or the value supplied for it is not valid. It was found in options file 'file-name' at line number: number) for every single line starting with DEVCONFIG in the dsm.opt file. Even running straight from cmd fails with the same issue:

"C:\Program Files\Tivoli\TSM\baclient\dsmadmc.exe" -id=<userid> -pa=<password> -optfile="E:\TSM\TSM01\dsmscript.opt"

This is the content of the dsm file I copied (dsmscript.opt) for testing (I removed tabs and white spaces):

COMMMethod TCPIP
TCPPort 1500
DEVCONFIG devconf.dat
VOLUMEHISTORY volhist.dat
TCPADMINPort 1500
ACTIVELOGSize 131072
ACTIVELOGDirectory F:\TSM\Actlog
ARCHLOGDirectory E:\TSM\Archlog
DEDUPREQUIRESBACKUP YES
MAXSESSION 250
TXNGROUPMAX 65000
EXPINTERVAL 0
REPLBATCHSIZE 32768
REPLSIZETHRESH 32768
DATEFormat 2
DBMEMPERCENT 60
ARCHLOGUSEDTHRESHOLD 90
REORGBEGINTIME 04:00
REORGDURATION 4
ALLOWORGREINDEX YES
DNSLOOKUP NO

What gives?

marclant

ADSM.ORG Moderator
The content of what you pasted on the screen are all options valid in dsmserv.opt, very few of these are valid for dsm.opt.

dsmserv.opt -> option file used by the server when starting
dsm.opt (or other .opt) -> option file used by the clients (dsm.exe, dsmc.exe and dsmadmc.exe)

Advertise at ADSM.ORG

If you are reading this, so are your potential customer. Advertise at ADSM.ORG right now.

UpCloud high performance VPS at $5/month

Get started with $25 in credits on Cloud Servers. You must use link below to receive the credit. Use the promo to get upto 5 month of FREE Linux VPS.

The Spectrum Protect TLA (Three-Letter Acronym): ISP or something else?

• Every product needs a TLA, Let's call it ISP (IBM Spectrum Protect).

Votes: 18 18.8%
  • Keep using TSM for Spectrum Protect.

Votes: 58 60.4%
  • Let's be formal and just say Spectrum Protect

Votes: 12 12.5%
  • Other (please comement)

Votes: 8 8.3%

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sammiehung