Tivoli does not work after deallocating and allocating a NAS disk space containing Tivoli DB

sonimarfd

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
I needed to eliminate a hostname definition in a IBM ESS (SHARK) but accidentally i deleted the incorrect hostname definition (the definition for our Tivoli Server) The space it had reserved in the NAS was marked Unallocated. In this space the Tivoli Server had its database. I defined the Tivoli Server in the Shark again and re-allocated the disk space again. The Tivoli Server recognized the disk (using the Import Foreign Disk Option) and the information was there but when we tried to start the service again it terminated without any error message only the operating system log an error in the event log that the service terminated unexpectedly. Is there any way that I can make the Tivoli Server work again with the old data?

Thanks,

Sonimar

Restore the TSM Database. NEVER NEVER put the TSM database on NAS. Direct attached disk for the Database will perform better. The TSM Mirror copy can be on NAS if space is an issue.

Back