test 881 - TSM V5 admin

Harry_Redl

ADSM.ORG Moderator
Reaction score
Hi all,

I dare to say I am one of the first to pass the 881 test (since it is out from September ...) so lets share the experience ...

1) Although I have thought it is going to be a piece of cake (as I use TSM daily) it is not - compared the 872 test (5.2 Implementation) it is about the same difficulty

2) Questions are sometimes OS dependent - sometimes they ask for OS commands

3) I had no question TSM 5.3 related

4) 50 questions - need 34 to pass

5) good study materials TSM Admin guide, TSM Implementation Guide, TSM Performance Tuning Guide (helps a LOT)

6) some questions are VERY tricky (not posting the exact question as it is copyrighted by IBM - but the example is similar)

Example:

Something has gone wrong. When to run TRACE command?

a) immediatelly

b) when you know what to trace

c) when IBM says what to trace

d) never

So what is YOUR guess?! :)

As usual, you are not going to find out if you answered the question correctly - you only get your final resume (which I can understand but with questions like this? I am REALLY curious!!!)

Hope it helps

Harry

Hi,

I sat for my 881 TSM Admin V5 exam on the 09th (Monday) and passed. I would like to know though if I still need to sit for TSM 5.3? Which one between the two is the most important to have?

I assume that TSM Admin V5 include TSM 5.3??????????????????????

Regards,

:confused:

Hello all,

I am interested in taking 881 soon, but I am confused about the test hierarchy. Thought that 881(TSM administration) is the lowest one, going on through Implementation to the Deployment & Deployment advanced.

Can someone please explain how different TSM certs chain from easiest to the most proficient?

Can somene provide consolidated suggestion on which learning materials are needed for 881?

Thanks & regards

[email protected]

Hello -

Question for Harry (or anyone else who has taken the exam) -

Do they ask anything about Client or Server "Instrumentation" ?

Also - were there any reporting questions?

TIA -

-Chef.

Hi Chef,

well ... it is more than a year now .... and what do you mean by "Instrumentation"?

The questions were covering almost everything you can find in basic TSM (it means I had no TDP questions)

There were questions like "how to find what will be included/excluded from the client", "how to do a output redirect to file on Solaris" (this is not a real question, just to show the kind of one) etc.

No reporting questions

Hope it helps ... sorry, it was really long long ago, in a galaxy far far away ...

Harry

Thanks Harry :)

I realized how long it had been after my post.

The reason I asked about Instrumentation -

I have the TSM Admin Class book from IBM which I am studying from -

And it has in there info about Trace and then something called "Instrumentation" -

I am not terribly clear on the difference and why/when one would use it.

Just thought I would ask -

And if you didn't recall it -

Not waste my time on trying to figure out what it is right now.

Appreciate the reply -

You answered my questions perfectly ;)

Cheers!

-Chef.

Hi all -

Passed my 881 exam today. :)

Just wanted to post that there was actually one question about Reporting on my exam -

in a general sense. So it would be helpful for someone to review the basics on that if they were looking to take the exam...

Cheers!

-Chef.

Back