TEPS connectivity fail

alharris

Newcomer
Reaction score
I have successfully installed M&W on 2003, and 2008. This particular case is a Windows 2008 server. The install completes and all services appear to have installed successfully. I have turned on historical data collection, and configured all services. I can connect to the TEP via the browser (web and client). The TEP browser indicates TEPS connectivity fails between the 'summarization and pruning agent' and the TEP.

Situation Name: KSY_TEPS_Connectivity_Fail
Error Message: getHistoryConfig to TEPS server localhost:1920 failed

Has anyone seen this before? The summarization and pruning agent shows connectivity to the DB. I have re-installed ~6 times all producing the same results.

Have got this resolved as I am encountering the same problem and the support is not providing me a workable solution and has stop updating me with resolution.

Only my DB2 connectivity is working but TEPS fails.

Am using x3650M2 with IMM exist as a USB device on the network management and it seems this is creating some confusion. Am using this on window 2008 as well. And it seems the network connection priority is from IP6, IMM, IP4 this arrangement.

Have applied IP4 priority registry hotfix from MS so that my ping gets IP4 first instead of IP6 and also disable IMM usb device else the return IP would be 169.x.x.x

In our case this was the result of Symantec endpoint protection network threat protection. After working with support on their end there was never a solution. Simply disabling the network thread protection will not work, it must be removed. Good luck troubleshooting, hope this helped.

In our case this was the result of Symantec endpoint protection network threat protection. After working with support on their end there was never a solution. Simply disabling the network thread protection will not work, it must be removed. Good luck troubleshooting, hope this helped.

oh mind... my environment also have symantec endpoint. I must agree this might be the real course as this also stop the broadcom teaming software from working.

I will update on this on Friday.

oh mind... my environment also have symantec endpoint. I must agree this might be the real course as this also stop the broadcom teaming software from working.

I will update on this on Friday.

We also had issues with the network teaming on other machines because of SEP NTP.

Yes Symantec Endpoint was the culprit in our case. TEPS connectivity has been resolved since.

I am suspecting it might also cause the IBM Systems Director monitoring the other servers as well.

Back