TDP with Exchange 2010 Item Level Restore Problem

damianinpa

Active Newcomer
Reaction score
All,
I am testing TDP with 2010 and see a problem. First, let me say I am using TDP 6.1.3.2 and I do have Exchange 2010 Rollup 2 installed. ( I read there are issues unless you are at these versions). Also, since my CAS servers are seperate, I have the Exchage Client Access Server filled in (tdpexcc.cfg file) Vss is working fine. Backups are working fine. My issue:
I click restore and select the store that I just did a full backup. I chose mailbox restore to open the item-level information. I DON'T see a list of mailboxes under User mailbox - mailbox Name! With Exchange 2003 I always was able to pick the mailbox. So, as a test, I typed the mailbox name and chose to restore item level to a .pst. It actually did work. How odd. However, if I chose to restore back to alternate mailbox, the TDP application totally freezes. So, this is partially working if I type the mailbox name in, but, I want the list of mailboxes to appear. Anyone else see this before??
Damian

Update...I just realized I was backing up the DAG copy instead of the primary. I did the primary and now I do see some mailboxes listed, but, not all. Like 1/2 the store mailboxes are appearing, but, not all.

Hello,

I have a same problem. But i didn't solve the problem. But my advice you should upgrade tdp for exc version 6.1.3.3 and BA client version 6.2.3.3

i hope helpfuly. and you hear a new news please let me .
thank you.

Set STOREMAILBOXInfo to YES in the Data Protection for SQL Configuration file (tdpsql.cfg )

when i did it problem is solved.

Back