TDP RMAN HACMP Prob

dicowins

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I have recently configured TDP RMAN in HACMP Cluster this works well. However documentions mentions ONLY one prole process should be running within cluster. But we want to backup a "Test" INSTANCE on the standby node and the "Main Production" Instance on the primary. Like the clustered version we have installed for std dsm backups with that you can use a dsmsched start -optfile=xxxxxxxxx/xxxxx/xxxx/dsm.opt and specify a dsm.opt that points to a different schema in dsm.sys. Is there a way to have a prole process with a flag specifying what dsm.opt thats running against (present default /usr/tivoli/tsm/tdp_r3/ora64/dsm.opt pointing to default /usr/tivoli/tsm/tdp_r3/ora64/dsm.sys ).
so is there a smilar flag for prole like -optfile ?

I believe it would be simplier to place "prole" as a cluster dependency process, along with the dsmc sched (0r startcluster script) in TSM client path.
This way as the cluster fails over at any one time, prole would launch accordingly.
The StartCluster script will manage the client.
If you have not seen this script take a look at it. Im not sure you can add prole to this script but it might be worth looking into.

Good luck = let us know

cluster prole

I've already got cluster startup and stop scripts defined to start prole up and stop when faile over that isnt the problem that works fine. What I'm trying to do is have a failed over version of prole running on one options file and a local version running on a different one. the reason is out test systems sometimes run on Standby node therefore meaning if we want to use RMAN to backup the test system on stsndby when the production is running on primary node we need to run prole on either but point to different TSM nodes. (Defined in dsm.sys which in turn is referenced by dsm.opt.

I take this is a Lanfree environment? On the same platform. Perhaps you can get RMAN to backup prod using the TDP referencing the "test" instance node Id which will use a different tdpo.opt file.
Not too sure if even at the OS level the reactions of prole.
Perhaps another thought - a separate command script.

Sorry if Im no help, good luck

Back