www.sll.se
Hi!

oracle tdp 7.1
node1 in domain standard
node1-sql in domain oracle

do i need to set proxy
Proxynode Target:
Proxynode Agent:

for oracle tdp similar to tdp on msSQL??

Hi!

oracle tdp 7.1
node1 in domain standard
node1-sql in domain oracle

do i need to set proxy
Proxynode Target:
Proxynode Agent:

for oracle tdp similar to tdp on msSQL??

For a single node Oracle installation, you need to have two OPT files (assuming you have Oracle running under Windows). One is for the BA client and the other for TDP.

No, you don't need a proxy settings unless you are using one.

Very straightforward installation. Search this forum for such tips and IBM's website for installation notes.

For a single node Oracle installation, you need to have two OPT files (assuming you have Oracle running under Windows). One is for the BA client and the other for TDP.

No, you don't need a proxy settings unless you are using one.

Very straightforward installation. Search this forum for such tips and IBM's website for installation notes.

Thanks for your answer.
We don't use windows for Oracle only AIX, but its still two opt files and two entries in .sys file .
Do you know difference between with and without proxy ??
TDP for microsoft explicit recomend using proxy node, but I can't find any explanations.

When you do TDP on microsoft (MS Exchange, MS SQL) there is an operating system utility that makes snapshot of database being backed up. The utility of windows OS is called VSS.
TSM BA client can communicate with OS on that level and initiate VSS snapshot on behalf of TDP client, and let TDP client do the job afterwards. To be able to do it (initiate VSS on behalf of other node) it has to have proxy authority granted.
There is no similar functionality on AIX, or with oracle on any OS, so you do not need to grant proxy authority between BA and TDP node in your setup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back