TDP in timeout while restore

nicnictout

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Hi,

i've got a oracle server, where database are recorded in a NFS share directory.
I want to restore it, but the network performance becomes such slower, that finaly the TSM server is in timeout.

I look for where i could modify the TSM timeout, but there isn't such parameter (or i don't find it), but i found the nfstimeout parameter.
I didn't understand what this parameter impact, and if it could solved my issue, if someone can give some explanation, it will be great :)

Otherwise, have you any idea how to prevent this kind of error ?

Thx

Timeout parameters are Idletimeout, Commtimeout and Resourcetimeout. Try doubling your original values on TSM Server side.

Hi,

i've got a oracle server, where database are recorded in a NFS share directory.
I want to restore it, but the network performance becomes such slower, that finaly the TSM server is in timeout.

I look for where i could modify the TSM timeout, but there isn't such parameter (or i don't find it), but i found the nfstimeout parameter.
I didn't understand what this parameter impact, and if it could solved my issue, if someone can give some explanation, it will be great :)

Otherwise, have you any idea how to prevent this kind of error ?

Thx

Increase the mount point in node end or increase timeout. u can see in server end query opt.

[SOLVED]

Thx for yours answers.

Umur: i think this will help me, i search in the admin guide, but it's quite difficult to find this tips if you don't know the parameter name (search on timeout pattern send to the nfstimeout help)

d.veeresh: i've already update the maxnummp on the node, and allocate 10 chanels.

The main problem in fact, is the network rate of my server, less than 1Mo/s...
I think it won't work correctly until i solve my network issue.

Thx for your help guys :)

Back