TDP For SAP Problem

sus

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Hi,

I have TSM server 5.3 running on AIX.

TDP for SAP(R3) on oracle is configured for SAP servers in such a way that the archive logs will run to different pool in the TSM and online_consistent backup will run to a different pool.Both of this MC having the retention period of 1 month.

pls find the sample utility file for the TDP configuration.

SERVER server1_sap # Servername
SESSIONS 2 # Maximum number of sessions
# to server_a
PASSWORDREQUIRED YES # Use a password
ADSMNODE XXX_FO_SAP # Tivoli Storage Manager Nodename
BRBACKUPMGTCLASS DTA1 # Mgmt-Classes
BRARCHIVEMGTCLASS LOG1 LOG2 # Mgmt-Classes

Now the customer wants the offline database backup using the brtool to keep for 3 months.
How can i configure a new MC for Offline backup using brtool which points to a different pool with retention period 3 months.

From the TSM server side i configured a new pool but how will i inform the utility file to route the offline backup to a different pool.

Just configure TSM to use the correct storage pool and management class.
The SAP team will mostlikely create a new schedule or backup script accordingly. You could identify to them the management class name in the event they want to hard code it into their configurables or scripting.

Did you got the solution for this problem?
I am also facing the same problem (how to take offline backup on different pool)

thanks and regards,
kiran gali

Hello,

we use this way:

Thre is an initSID.sap file where entry for the backup type ist set to offline, in this file we refer the initSID.utl file where the offline management classes are defined.
-------------------------------------
:
backup_type=offline
:
util_par_file=initSID.utl.offline
:
--------------------------------------

The initSID.utl.offline contains the following entries:

SERVER server_client
SESSIONS 8
PASSWORDREQUIRED NO
BRBACKUPMGTCLASS SAP_DB_OFFLINE
BRARCHIVEMGTCLASS SAP_LOG_OFFLINE

The backup start with the following command:

brbackup -u / -c -p [Path_to_SAPFile]/initSID.sap -r [Path_to_UTLfile]/initSID.utl.offline

We use for every kind of SAP backup diffrent *.utl and *.sap files, e.g. initSID_end_of_year.utl and initSID_end_of_year.sap

with regards,

Chris

Here how to I dentify offline backup and online backup at the time of restore using brrestore command.

can you please provide the command for restoreing online backup and restoreing offline backup.

thanks and regards,
kiran gali

Hi Kiran -

You really need to look up the brrestore and brbackup commands on your own to tailor it to your environment...

I want to know how to use brrestore for online backup and brrestore for offline backup ( syntax). My doubt is that do we need to mention .utl file and .sap file in the brrestore command. If so how to do that? Please provide few examples of brrestore command.

thanks and regards,
kiran gali

Hi Kiran -

Give us some specific examples of what you have actually tried and put together on your own -
and we can help better if you run into issues with the command.

Straight from google -

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/e6/f3d0ed99634078be2da254b97104d7/content.htm
http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/0d/d3077b4a0c11d182b80000e829fbfe/content.htm

Those will show you syntax and examples.

Other possible examples:
brrestore –c -d rman_util –r /oracle/SID/102_64/dbs/TSM/initSID.utl –b bdvhszsg.anr –m all
brrestore -b bcuoghzi.aff -r D:\HTAPE\SN-SAPR3\sap_object -d util_file
brrestore -a 110-120 -d tape -v D4XA99 -out
brrestore -d util_file -m partial
brrestore -d util_file -a xxxx-yyyy
(Not even sure if you are using Unix or Windows here...if recovering from disk or tape...RMAN or not... - basically I will assume Oracle though as your database...)

Hope that helps.
-Chef.

Back