1. Forum Rules (PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ BEFORE POSTING) Click the link to access ADSM.ORG Acceptable Use Policy and forum rules which should be observed when using this website. Violators may be banned from this website. This message will disappear after you have made at least 12 posts. Thank you for your cooperation.

TDP for SAP/Oracle & retention policy

Discussion in 'Backup / Archive Discussion' started by ocarles, Feb 16, 2011.

1. ocarles

ocarles New Member

Hi:

As I know, to backup with SAP/Oracle DP I have to use BRTools with Backint or RMAN interface. Also, I read that RMAN interface manage the retention policy, not TSM.

My question is: Regardless using Backint or RMAN interface, How do I setup VERE, RETE, VERD, RETO?

My retention needs of my SAP production environment is 5 years.

Appreciate your help and details about this

Regards

Oscar

3. Ash777

Ash777 New Member

Define an archive copy group for the management class. If the retention control will be performed at the Tivoli Storage Manager server, specify RETVER=<days> for the number of days for the archive copy group. If retention control will be performed at the Tivoli Storage Manager for ERP level, specify RETVER=nolimit.

4. ocarles

ocarles New Member

Thanks Ash. If I manage retention on TSM for ERP side, parameter is MAX_VERSIONS on INIT<SID>.utl?

Regards

Oscar

5. Ash777

Ash777 New Member

Yes. If the retention control is performed by Tivoli Storage Manager for ERP, set up the MAX_VERSIONS parameter.

: policy, retention, sap, tdp