TDP for ORACLE 11g AIX 6.1 and TSM 6.2 EE

peiferlt

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I'm looking to find if there is a certified configuration of TDP for Databases for Orace 11g (64bit) running of AIX 6.1 (64bit) with TSM 6.2 EE server.

The best I can find so far is listed below and seems to indicate that it is not certified yet. Anyone have different information of experience?

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infoc...opic/com.ibm.itsmfd.doc/ab5u000402.htm#ToC_26

AIX environment (64-bit)

This section contains operating system, hardware, software, and communication requirements for installing Data Protection for Oracle in an AIX 5L™ environment.
Operating system requirements

|One of the following AIX operating systems:

* |AIX® 5.3 (64-bit)
* |AIX 6.1 (64-bit)

Hardware requirements

* |Any RS/6000, pSeries or IBM System p, iSeries or IBM System |i, or compatible workstation as supported by AIX
* Disk space: 8 MB
* Memory: 64 MB (128 MB or more recommended)

Software requirements

* |Tivoli Storage Manager server Version 5.4.0 (or later)
* |Tivoli Storage Manager API Version 5.5.0 (or later)
* One of the following levels of Oracle Server:
o Oracle9i Version 9.2 (64-bit)
o Oracle 10g Release 1 (64-bit)
o Oracle 10g Release 2 (64-bit)
o |Oracle 11g (64-bit) on AIX 5.3 (64-bit) only

Hello,

your link points to TDP 5.5.1 which is not the newest one - it seems to me that this link

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?rs=667&uid=swg21321370

is what you are looking for -

Software
* AIX V5.3 and V6.1
* Oracle Standard or Enterprise Edition 10g, 10gR2, or 11gR1
or
* Oracle Real Application Clusters (RAC) 10g, 10gR2, or 11gR1 with:
o an Oracle certified version of HACMP

* Any supported Tivoli Storage Manager Server version
* A Tivoli Storage Manager API 5.5.0.6, or later

Harry

hi Harry_Redl,
the link u specified doesn't allow me download Data Protection for Oracle V5.5.2 for AIX. Please u direct me to somewhere else where i can get the installer?

Hi,

well - works for me and everyone in the office ....
Code:
ftp://public.dhe.ibm.com/storage/tivoli-storage-management/maintenance/tivoli-data-protection/oracle/AIX/v552/

Harry

hi,
And thanks for ur response. I Guess the problem is from IBM and and not the link, i'm assuming its only for certain account because in registered with them and there are a couple of link like this one that i can't access. Anyway thanks *sigh*

Back