TDP Exchange 7.1 - Wrong Point in Time when using Mailbox Restore Browser

FloXXI

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Hi,

when I do Restore of an Exchange-Mailbox using Mailbox Restore Browser, I see mails that have a time stamp later than the time I configured to be restored.

Backup is configured to do a weekly full backup and daily differentials.

You can do a point in time restore using Mailbox Restore Browser with that backup configuration, right? Could it be that this is because Exchange 2010 is logging in UTC and you have to calculate the time difference to UTC? Can you configure the Client with a time zone to do this automatically?

Thank You! :)

OK, found it. It has nothing to do with time zone. I thought TDP for Exchange would replay the logs in the recovery database untill the chosen time, but it is not really a point-in-time restore. This is how the backup for restore is selected:
Optional: By default, Data Protection for Exchange restores the most current backup available for the specified mailbox. If you want to restore data to a different point in time, use the Backup Date option to select an earlier date and time. When you specify a backup date, Data Protection for Exchange looks for a backup with that exact date. If a backup with that exact date is not found, Data Protection for Exchange looks for and selects the first backup after that date. For example, if you have a backup at 9:51 and a backup at 10:09, and you specify 10:00, Data Protection for Exchange selects the backup at 10:09. This backup is selected so the software does not miss any messages. If the backup at 9:51 was selected, the software would miss messages from 9:51 to 10:00.

http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/t....mail.exc.doc/t_dpexc_gui_restoremailbox.html

Back