TDP Crashing Domino server?

jcrichton

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Website
www.crichtonenterprises.com
Hi, I just deployed the TDP for domino on one of our servers and it starts out fine, runs fine but after a few moments a lotus domino crash page comes up and the tdp stops pulling data. It has done it twice in a row and there is no information in the dsierror.log file. The domdsm file references .ntf's that are in use and unable to be backed up but that doesnt seem to be the root cause of the crashing.

The eventvwr doesnt seem to even know I've done anything so its no help.

The TDP is 5.4 and the domino server is 7.0 as near as I can tell.

Has anyone seen anything like this or have any ideas to try out? When its actually transferring data it works fine, but I cant explain or figure out why domino crashes.

Hi,
Same happened to me on a heavilly used Domino server, I resolved this by fiddlening with buffers and buffersize in domdsmc.cfg.
Either in the GIU or on command line change buffers to 2 (default is 3)
domdsmc set buffers=3
You might also decrease buffersize (default is 1024)

HTH
/HE

Hmm that has potential. I found it to be related to the fact that for some reason the TDP wasnt picking a default language when being installed, once I did that it seemed to clear up for the most part. Right now I am haveing obscene difficulty getting the TDP to run when scheduled. As far as I can tell from the manual everything is right, it just doesnt run. Bah.

I had the same problem.

I was using a Terminal Services/Remote Desktop. IBM is quick to say this is a no-no. You must be logged on the Console to run the TDP manually.
Solved my problem.

Hi pictus, can you complete the sentence? Im interested because I have a similar problem. Thanks

Had the same issues at a customer site. We found that the only real way to perform consistant backup / restores on the Domino TDP was to use mstsc /console to initiate the RDP session. This way you are logged directly onto the console session of the server.

To logon to a remote desktop in console mode just enter:
mstsc /console, no need to travel :)
Also If there is a problem with the domino tdp try running from command line, if that works then you can have a problem with the language settings. try to change the cfg file by using dsomdsmc set ... and the option you need.

Back