1. Please help support our sponsors by considering their products and services.
    Our sponsors enable us to maintain high-speed Internet connection and fast webservers.
    They support this free information and knowledge exchange forum service at no cost to you.

Please welcome our latest sponsor Tectrade . We can show our appreciation by learning more about Tectrade Solutions

TCP/IP communication

Discussion in 'Networking' started by tsmlover, Oct 16, 2008.

1. tsmlover

tsmlover ADSM.ORG Member

TCP/IP communications failure Do you wish to continue for purposes of local backupset restore or correcting an option setting?

when i open my BA client I found this error how to fix this bug . em unable to backing up

I can ping the TSM server successfuly

regards

3. THE_WIPET

THE_WIPET ADSM.ORG Senior Member

look like a dsm.sys or dsm.opt error... mistype etc..

paste your config file

4. syntax44

syntax44 ADSM.ORG Member

It is not a "bug" :) Is must be a wrong configuration.

Issue a 'q status' on your TSM server and check if your "Server host name or IP address" matches the value of "TCPSERVERADDRESS" in your dsm.opt/dsm.sys. Also check if your "Server TCP/IP port number" matches the value of "TCPPORT" in dsm.opt/dsm.sys.
    If the problem is not gone after that; try to ping your TSM server (by DNS or IP) from the TSM client and vice versa. If it fails, check LAN/Firewall, etc.

A common mistake is that in dsm.opt/dsm.sys TCPCLIENTADDRESS or TCPCLIENTPORT are configured with the TSM Server details.....