Tape Rotation

juda

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Once a tape expires, do I need to run the move drm * wherest=vaultret tostate=onsite

manually or does drm take care of this

As far as I know, this must be a concious command, either by script or manually executed.

<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font class="pn-sub">Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT class="pn-sub"><BLOCKQUOTE>Once a tape expires, do I need to run the move drm * wherest=vaultret tostate=onsite

manually or does drm take care of this</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

I think yes, and daily, as you can reclaim the space on tape. The DRM change from vault to vaultret for tape that match the reusedaily parameter.

Yes, definitely. DRM only automatically moves the tapes from VAULT to VAULTRETR. It's up to you to either manually or programmatically move the tapes to ONSITERETR. I am looking for a dummy-proof GUI-based tool to do this sort of thing and figure out which tapes are where and which tapes go where. For now, I've written a program in Perl to manage our tape check-ins and check-outs, but it's not bright enough to track the delay in ordering tapes from Iron Mountain.

Back