• Please help support our sponsors by considering their products and services.
    Our sponsors enable us to serve you with this high-speed Internet connection and fast webservers you are currently using at ADSM.ORG.
    They support this free flow of information and knowledge exchange service at no cost to you.

Please welcome our latest sponsor Tectrade . We can show our appreciation by learning more about Tectrade Solutions
  • Community Tip: Please Give Thanks to Those Sharing Their Knowledge.

If you receive helpful answer on this forum, please show thanks to the poster by clicking "LIKE" link for the answer that you found helpful.

• Community Tip: Forum Rules (PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ BEFORE POSTING)

Click the link above to access ADSM.ORG Acceptable Use Policy and forum rules which should be observed when using this website. Violators may be banned from this website. This notice will disappear after you have made at least 3 posts.

Tape order in backup group

Hi

I´m using Networker 7.4.3.

Is there a command or other way in which can i know the sequence of every tape inside a backup group?

Thanks in advance.

rovinabi

ADSM.ORG Member
You question is not clear. What do you mean by sequence of tape inside a backup group? If you are referring to the tapes which contains a set of client that belonging to a group then you can run the following command to know the exact sequences of backups that we done.

mminfo -avot -q group=group_name -r "client,name,ssid,sscreate(22),sscomp(22),sumsize(3),sumflags,volume"

Hi

I try to explain.

I have a full backup on three tapes, which has expired. I want to know the order in which the tapes were recorded to run a scanner command to tape group.

Thanks

rovinabi

ADSM.ORG Member
Jota,
Do you have this information in the media database or not, i.e when you hit mminfo do you see the data or not? Also, dont you ave index backups that can be used to get you index back.

Advertise at ADSM.ORG

If you are reading this, so are your potential customer. Advertise at ADSM.ORG right now.

UpCloud high performance VPS at $5/month

Get started with $25 in credits on Cloud Servers. You must use link below to receive the credit. Use the promo to get upto 5 month of FREE Linux VPS.

The Spectrum Protect TLA (Three-Letter Acronym): ISP or something else?

• Every product needs a TLA, Let's call it ISP (IBM Spectrum Protect).

Votes: 12 15.8%
  • Keep using TSM for Spectrum Protect.

Votes: 48 63.2%
  • Let's be formal and just say Spectrum Protect

Votes: 9 11.8%
  • Other (please comement)

Votes: 7 9.2%

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sag