Tape library problem

shivaji_laxmi

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Hi,

We replaced new tape drives(3580) in library 3583LIB. we upgraded the tape library firmaware to firmware to 3.2. I defined the library path , drive pah and etc.... everything is ok. we put some tapes in library and If i do the audit library then he doesn't show any tape. I used check barcode as well as yes option on TSM 5.2.2.0 version. Please help me in this problem. Check in also doen't work.

TSM 5.2.2.0 on AIX platform

Shivaji

If these are new tapes, you need you need label them first using the label libv command.

If they have data on them, make sure you are checking them in as private.

David,

The tape library had some of its defecttive drives replaced. As the drives were of new firmware we upgraded the Library firmware to 3.2

1. We are runningTSM 5.2.2 server on AIX.with 3583 LTO Library connected via SANDGM through a SAN Switch....All the Library, Drive and their path definitions have been done freshly.

2. Do we ned to upgrade the SANDGM firmware when we upgrade the library Firmware.

3. Audit library runs successfully..but does not show anytapes when i run the query libvol command.

Anything i am missing in this.....please help. :confused:

When a new library is created in TSM, an audit will not create an inventory. The question I had was if the tapes were brand new or were used by TSM before. Try running the following:

checkin libv <libname> search=yes status=scr checkl=bar

If that is successful , run :

checkin libv <libname> search=yes status=pri checkl=bar

If these are band new tapes:

label libv <libname> search=yes checkin=scr labels=bar

Let me know what the errors are if this does not work.

Back