system state backup error please help !!!

Thanks for update mahmurt so problem is that vss service is 32bit version on the 2008 r2 which is only 64bit version.
why they didn't put by default 64 bit vss service....

Might be the problem & Its with windows admin, please reach out your windows admin and find out with them for the exact solution for this. But there is steps provided for resolving this problem, but you need to subscribe for that.

I have also this error from vss please check

Attachments

• vss1error.png
    vss1error.png
    19.4 KB · Views: 7
This update also didn't helped...really don't know why the sfc.exe can't be copied..

One more thing could it depend from one thing I have another backup software installed maybe this is a problem that vss error I got?
should I uninstal and try again??

ok, can you check for vssadmin list providers and check which is your primary provider..

could you give me the code for checkin vssadmin list providers??

Is this windows 2008 a cluster paired? If answer is yes, then you would need to wait for a new BA Client after 6.2.2.

It seems that in windows 2008, systemstate backup will backup all files that are present as a service in services.msc irregardless of state. Meaning to say, if you have a service and its path is pointed to a shared cluster disk, systemstate backup will attempt to back that file up. That also explain why systemstate backup now is in GB not in MB comparing with windows 2003.

To work around using windows backup feature, you need to apply this hotfix and do exclusion to these files however you would need to perform a file level backup for these files since they are excluded from Systemstate backup. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;980794

As for TSM BA Client, I have raised this to support and they have escalate this to client development team on how can they get this working as TSM will pull all the list from systemstate just like windows backup feature however this hotfix does not apply to TSM and in such, TSM development will need to come out if a new build.

If you encounter any of these errors during systemstate backup, Microsoft have this KB that its TSM issue and nothing to do with MS. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2011841
With this, you will not be able to raise any support from MS.

Try to use the windows backup feature. If it works then it would goes to TSM. Meantime, if it works, the work around would be to use Windows backup feature and backup the systemstate and use TSM to backup file level of those backup.

I don't have any TSM backup I am using windows backup my machine is running on 2008 R2 X64. and my problme is when it's getting to this SFC.exe giving access denied error.

Here is another error log from wbadmin cmd.

Attachments

• wbadminerror.png
    wbadminerror.png
    21.5 KB · Views: 8
Here is the logs windows backup.

Attachments

• Backup_Operations-09-02-2011_16-01-03.txt
    39.6 KB · Views: 5
  • Backup_Error-09-02-2011_16-01-03.txt
    198 bytes · Views: 6
Why dont you give a try by rebooting the box and try backing up.

Back