System Files not listed under SYSTEM STATE in BA Client Backup Window - Windows 2003 Server

plabrie2

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Website
http
I upgraded the client to 5.3 on a Win 2003 server (standard install). When I backup the SYSTEM STATE only 17 objects are backed up: all system files are missing. No errors reported. System files are simply not visible to TSM Client ???????

System state is a snapshot object of your system files. It will group multiple files into a single object. So, don't worry about the file count on systemstate.

use show systemstate command to verify.

OK I can see this is an old question but I'm having the same trouble as the fellow up the top there. when I hit the "+" next to "System State" I see only "COM+ database" and "Registry"

I DON"T see "System Files"

show systemstate also confirms that only the Registry and COM+ Database are visible. No errors, No complaints from the system. It simply doesn't think there is any such thing as the System Files.

One thing I did notice, is that for some reason the registry shows the api as version 5.1.5.0 but I've gone to the extent of completely uninstalling TSMba, killing the ADSM registry tree and re-installing 5.3.0.0 and it still thinks the api is 5.1.5.0

Anyone got an answer to this? Thanks in advance.

Figured it out.

Something screwed up on her and I had to re-run the signature verification.

Basically go c:\windows\system32\sigverif.exe and follow the prompts.

Good luck.

Back